Re: device tree "compatible" string value for Nuvoton TPM 75xxx

Am 21. Januar 2019 17:58:48 MEZ schrieb Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@xxxxxxxx>:
>On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 04:55:23PM +0000, oshri.alkoby@xxxxxxxxxxx
>wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> Since the driver implements the I2C interface defined by the TCG
>> PTP, wouldn't it be better to set the string to be something like
>> 'tcg,tpm-i2c-ptp' (as 'tcg,tpm-tis-mmio' for tpm-tis)?
I think this is a good idea.

>> Any TPM that
>> implements this protocol can use this driver.

If it implements the tcg i2c protocol without too many deviations I would propose renaming the driver im the same step.

>Yes, probably, we've done that for LPC ..
>
>But the device compatabile string should still be something like:
>
> 'nuvoton,npct751','tcg,tpm-i2c-ptp'
Since there are no quirks and no existing bindings, I would advise for tcg,tpm-i2c-ptp only.

Peter
--
Sent from my mobile