Re: RFC: Make it practical to ship EVM signatures

В Mon, 9 Oct 2017 13:31:55 -0700
Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Mikhail Kurinnoi
> <viewizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But, isn't this mean we could have this scenario of offline
> > manipulations:
> > 1) store old file with xattrs;
> > 2) wait;
> > 3) replace new file with fixed exploits on old one.
>
> An attacker capable of making offline manipulations is capable of
> modifying the filesystem such that they can give the file the
> appropriate inode number anyway.

Hmmm... you are right.

I like the idea make portable EVM format support simple. With all this
changes, portable EVM format support will not require changes in fs,
and will not require immutable EVM format support.
Mimi mentioned, that someone ask about immutable EVM format support,
but, we could work on it later.

Matthew, as I understood, you will work on portable EVM format
support patch with some more features you need, right? I have a lot of
work now, and could not be in assistance in order to rework previous
patches. :-(

--
Best regards,
Mikhail Kurinnoi