Re: RFC: Make it practical to ship EVM signatures

В Mon, 09 Oct 2017 14:40:41 -0400
Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

> On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 11:18 -0700, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Mimi Zohar
> > <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes!
> >
> > Excellent. This means defining a new signature type - the two
> > options seem to be Mikhail's portable format, or the approach I
> > took of having the signature define which metadata is included. Do
> > you have a preference?
>
> We now understand that as long as the EVM signature includes
> security.ima, it is safe not to include the i_ino/uuid.  This new
> format can be written to disk.

But, isn't this mean we could have this scenario of offline
manipulations:
1) store old file with xattrs;
2) wait;
3) replace new file with fixed exploits on old one.

Since we don't have directory tree protection yet and we don't use
i_ino, someone could reuse old files more easy during offline
manipulations. Right?

--
Best regards,
Mikhail Kurinnoi