Re: Regression with Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

Le 12/03/2024 à 14:05, Mikhail Khvoinitsky a écrit :
(I'm not sure of what you mean by "hi-res scrolling",
is it about 4K displays ?).

No, it's about scrolling not by a fixed amount of lines but by
individual pixels depending on how strongly you press the trackpoint.
More like modern touchpads work.

I didn't even know that the TrackPoint was pressure-sensitive :) I quickly tested this (not with scrolling, only cursor movement) and indeed, if I apply stronger pressure, the cursor moves faster. I never noticed that. We learn something everyday.

So as far as I'm concerned, this patch should be included ASAP in the
next kernels releases (both latest and stable).

Yes, as soon as it gets into master (given that 6.8 has just been
released it will be soon), I'll make sure it will be included in
stable (either automatically or manually).

Perfect. Thank you for your work !

Regards,

--
Raphaël Halimi