Re: Regression with Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

> Not a single spurious middle-click, which is not surprising since, if I
> understand correctly, this last patch just disables 46a0a2c and makes it
> optional, allowing to enable it on demand with a setting in sysfs.

That's correct.

> And I have vertical and horizontal scrolling with the middle button
> working reliably

If you mean my statement in the initial commit that the original
firmware doesn't support horizontal scrolling, I might be wrong, looks
like I've mixed it up with something. But the main reason for the
change was hi-res scrolling.

> (I'm not sure of what you mean by "hi-res scrolling",
> is it about 4K displays ?).

No, it's about scrolling not by a fixed amount of lines but by
individual pixels depending on how strongly you press the trackpoint.
More like modern touchpads work.

> So as far as I'm concerned, this patch should be included ASAP in the
> next kernels releases (both latest and stable).

Yes, as soon as it gets into master (given that 6.8 has just been
released it will be soon), I'll make sure it will be included in
stable (either automatically or manually).