Re: ALPS touchpad ot correctly recognized: GlidePoint vs DualPoint

Hello,

On 09/08/2017 08:48 AM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Friday 08 September 2017 07:00:34 Juanito wrote:
>>
>>> ThinkPad with ALPS? Should not be it Synaptic? Maybe
>>> miss-detection?
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention this. The ThinkPad came with a clickpad I
>> **really** disliked, so I bought this on the Internet.
>
> So, here is a problem. ThinkPads works with Synaptic touchpads, not with
> ALPS.

There definitely seems to be a problem here :)

Do you mean that the alps code might not be detecting the trackpoint
because probably the red thingie works with synaptics?

So could this be the situation:
ALPS driver: Hey touchpad! Do you have a trackstick?
ALPS touchpad: No, I don't.
AD: Ok! (and thinks 'I am going to have to ignore all trackstick packets
that might arrive')

So the driver understands that there can't possibly be any buttons
because there is no trackstick?

>> If by trackstick you mean the red thingie, it is **not** working.
>
> Ok. And it is working with your patch?

No, it isn't :(