Re: Missing release event for Synaptics touchscreen

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Benjamin Tissoires
<benjamin.tissoires@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Arek Burdach <arek.burdach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Benjamin,
>>
>> I found out what was wrong in the change that you've provided:
>>
>> On 12.05.2017 16:28, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>>
>> +       if (td->mtclass.quirks & MT_QUIRK_STICKY_FINGERS)
>> +               mod_timer(&td->release_timer, msecs_to_jiffies(250));
>>  }
>>
>> Should be:
>>
>> mod_timer(&td->release_timer, jiffies + msecs_to_jiffies(100));
>
> Right, thanks!
>

>> Delay should be added to current jiffies value. Also I found out that 250 ms
>> is too long delay - xserver recognize such a delay as a drag gesture. Using
>> 100 ms everything works perfectly!
>
> Does 160 ms works too? I'd rather have 10 times the maximum time
> between 2 reports than 6.25 times it :)
> We can use 96 ms if 160 doesn't work.
>

>> What do you think that should be changed
>> more in the patch to make it ready for being submitted as an official patch?
>
> Not much actually. I need to wrote down a commit message, sign it
> (your sign-off-by can also be added given that you debugged it), and
> that should be it.
>
>> I thought about some unit tests, but can't find any for hid drivers also I
>
> I have a test suite that can emulate hid devices and inject them in
> hid-multitouch. The setup is a little bit manual, so I'll try to run
> it today and see if there are differences with or without the patch.

I just run this patch against the various recordings I have. There is
only one difference, but after thorough examination, it seems the
machine blocked for one second for no reasons (the recorded incoming
timestamps show 1 second delay while the scan time forwarded by the
device show 50ms between the 2 events).

So I'd call this patch safe to test and to go upstream.

Cheers,
Benjamin