Re: Missing release event for Synaptics touchscreen

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Arek Burdach <arek.burdach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> I found out what was wrong in the change that you've provided:
>
> On 12.05.2017 16:28, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>
> +       if (td->mtclass.quirks & MT_QUIRK_STICKY_FINGERS)
> +               mod_timer(&td->release_timer, msecs_to_jiffies(250));
>  }
>
> Should be:
>
> mod_timer(&td->release_timer, jiffies + msecs_to_jiffies(100));

Right, thanks!

> Delay should be added to current jiffies value. Also I found out that 250 ms
> is too long delay - xserver recognize such a delay as a drag gesture. Using
> 100 ms everything works perfectly!

Does 160 ms works too? I'd rather have 10 times the maximum time
between 2 reports than 6.25 times it :)
We can use 96 ms if 160 doesn't work.

> What do you think that should be changed
> more in the patch to make it ready for being submitted as an official patch?

Not much actually. I need to wrote down a commit message, sign it
(your sign-off-by can also be added given that you debugged it), and
that should be it.

> I thought about some unit tests, but can't find any for hid drivers also I

I have a test suite that can emulate hid devices and inject them in
hid-multitouch. The setup is a little bit manual, so I'll try to run
it today and see if there are differences with or without the patch.

> don't know how to mock timers. One more time, thank you for your support!

No worries :)

Cheers,
Benjamin