Re: Simple approach to write PS3/PS4 usermode driver?

On 02/27/2016 10:59 PM, Bruno Prémont wrote:
Have you tried event remapping as supported by evdev?

Have a look at EVIOCGKEYCODE and EVIOCSKEYCODE ioctls for event devices.

Those might be sufficient to perform your remapping (as long as games don't
do magic based on event device identification).

They do! A few games actually have support for the PS3 controller so I would have to enable/disable my modifications depending on that.

I just want some easy way to use my controllers with any game that supports xbox pads. This also involves scaling the stick values to the range used by the Xbox pad.

I'm nearly done with USB support in my usermode driver and currently I think I won't do bluetooth as this starts to suck. USB seems to be many times easier...

For whatever reason the PS4 controller doesn't send anything to the interrupt socket (I already send all "initialization sequences" I found on the web) and the PS3 controller seems to use some crazy special type of connecting (does the controller actually try to connect to my PC and so I have to listen for it??).

I still hope to be at least able to support the PS4 controller in bluetooth mode, but I don't have any clue why the interrupt socket is silent...

Best regards,

Manuel