Re: Game Controllers

Em Fri, 2013-05-03 às 08:50 -0700, Dmitry Torokhov escreveu:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 05:10:42PM -0400, Todd Showalter wrote:
> > On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Dmitry Torokhov
> > <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Again, the kernel will try to do the right thing and produce the correct
> > > events for new input devices, but we are not going to introduce a copy
> > > of evdev protocol that limits the events to "standard gamepad" ones.
> >
> >     Ok.  I can see there's no point arguing this.  What can I do to at
> > least make sure future devices behave?  Is there anything that can be
> > done about current devices other than translate in userspace?
>
> Please post the patches for discussion and keep en eye on changes going
> into drivers/input/joystick and drivers/hid as you have a vested
> interest of everyone getting it right.
>
> I am not sure about status of PS3 controller, I think Bastien was
> working on supporting it from userspace?

Antonio Ospite has patches against bluez5 to make it work[1], though
some more work is definitely needed. Benjamin Tissoires has a test
device now, so between them, they should be able to get it running
again.

Cheers

[1]: http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/bluez.git/tree/playstation-peripheral-pugin-v5.x.patch