Re: hid-multitouch: eGalax Touchscreen not resuming after suspend

Hi Jan-Matthias,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Jan-Matthias Braun <jan_braun@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> using the current (Linux v2.6.7) hid-multitouch driver I have the problem, that the touchscreen works fine after a fresh boot, but after a suspend the touchscreen does not come back to live and I am asking for assistance to get this working. As I can reproduce this problem on a standard tty device without X (see below) I am suspecting a driver problem, but I might as well be wrong.

I assume you are talking about v3.6.7...

> The device in question is the Touchscreen of a Dell Inspron Duo convertable, a USB device with id 0eef:725e (D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd), found and registered as an input device by the kernel as
> [    6.931638] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: eGalax Inc.
> [   16.186272] input: eGalax Inc. USB TouchController as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0/input/input10
> [   16.187162] hid-multitouch 0003:0EEF:725E.0001: input,hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v2.10 Pointer
>                  [eGalax Inc. USB TouchController] on usb-0000:00:1d.2-1/input0
>
> I have tested the behaviour with and without X11. Without X11 I was using a standard tty and using cat on the input device.
> After boot the input device gives lot of output while touching the screen, after resume the device stays silent.

strange. I have tested the procedure with the eGalax 0x72FA I got, and
I'm not seeing this problem on a 3.6 kernel.

Is the config symbol CONFIG_PM set to "y" in your .config file?

Also, can you try to rmmod / modprobe hid-multitouch when the device
is not responding and see if this solves things.

> I have this problem since moving to hid-multitouch for handling this device.

What kind of driver did you use before?

Cheers,
Benjamin