Re: Rotation Sensor in EEE Slate

On 18/05/12 11:49, Cedric Sodhi wrote:
Hello everyone,

my EEE Slate Tablet PC just returned from repairs where it had Windows
reinstalled. This enables me to verify that it actually *does* have a
rotation sensor - something, of which I had not been so certain since I
installed Linux, because I found no trace of any such device on the PCI
Bus(ses).

Windows Shows "Asus G Sensor", Location "Unknown". Before I go about
uninstalling Windows, is there any more information I could try to
obtain? Do you have any idea how to get this sensor working in Linux?
Hi,
This is a bit a shot in the dark, but I've seen that there are some x86 Asus tablets which got android support. Apparently the accelerometer support is done via an extension to the "asus-laptop" module (which work via special ACPI interfaces). See:
https://github.com/rbraken/wetab-ICS-device-tree/blob/master/kernel_mods/asus-laptop/asus-laptop.c

Maybe your hardware has the same/similar interface to the accelerometer. For a quick look, you could try to strings/disassemble the ACPI tables and look for a method like "XLRX".

Well, all said, none of this requires Windows, sorry ;-)

Good luck!
Éric