Re: Rotation Sensor in EEE Slate

> On 18/05/12 11:49, Cedric Sodhi wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > my EEE Slate Tablet PC just returned from repairs where it had Windows
> > reinstalled. This enables me to verify that it actually *does* have a
> > rotation sensor - something, of which I had not been so certain since I
> > installed Linux, because I found no trace of any such device on the PCI
> > Bus(ses).
> >
> > Windows Shows "Asus G Sensor", Location "Unknown". Before I go about
> > uninstalling Windows, is there any more information I could try to
> > obtain? Do you have any idea how to get this sensor working in Linux?
> Hi,
> This is a bit a shot in the dark, but I've seen that there are some
> x86 Asus tablets which got android support. Apparently the
> accelerometer support is done via an extension to the "asus-laptop"
> module (which work via special ACPI interfaces). See:
> https://github.com/rbraken/wetab-ICS-device-tree/blob/master/kernel_mods/asus-laptop/asus-laptop.c
>
> Maybe your hardware has the same/similar interface to the
> accelerometer. For a quick look, you could try to strings/disassemble
> the ACPI tables and look for a method like "XLRX".
>
> Well, all said, none of this requires Windows, sorry ;-)
>
> Good luck!
> Éric

Thank you for the suggestions but I did not get far with that. The patch
to asus-laptp.c is far over my head, but I have the vague idea that it
does not make the sensor any more known to my OS than it currently is.

There really is absolutely no trace of any sensor anywhere where I'd
understand it. Again, I'm no match for ACPI tables - my pathetic attempt
to grep for "sensor" in the disassembled tables failed as expected.

I also tried to grep for XLRX in the DSDT, but there was no match.

Thanks though