RE: [RFC] input: syfs switches for SKE keypad

Hi,

I don't know the full details; but what I can think of (or did I read it somewhere?)
is events like phones with slider keypad; you can power save keypad controller
when the keypad is not active. And these events are probably issued from the user
space to the kernel and that's why the requirement probably. And I do remember
Samu mentioning about unwanted wakeup events which were avoided via these switches.

Adding Samu who can explain more on this.

>We should not fill in features very specific to userspace frameworks. I see lately
>lot of Android and Meego specific bits into TS and Keypad drivers from many
>folks.

Yeah. IMO it is because people want to mainline and push out all drivers more and more;
And as of today most of these drivers and HW are tested and delivered on such frameworks :)

Regards,
Sundar