Re: [RFC] input: syfs switches for SKE keypad

Hi Sundar,

On 10/5/2010 11:11 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Hi Sundar,
>
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:54:42PM +0200, Sundar R IYER wrote:
>> Hi Dmitry,
>>
>> Meego folks have a requirement for dynamic sysfs switches
>> for input drivers. I saw a patch from Samu (Nokia) for the same but which
>> lost its way out.  Here is a small modified patch set for the SKE
>> driver *only* which completes this requirement and hence a question for
>> you. (The idea is only a sysfs implemention; its not yet synced in with the
>> mainline code)
>>
>> Would you be okay to accept a stand-alone patch like the below for all the
>> input drivers that we would be pushing in or do you have some comments
>> or improvements suggested to be folded in the original patch set from Nokia,
>> so that it can get through into the generic tree?
>
> I am not the biggest fan of such solution and I would prefer having this
> facility on a more generic level, maybe tied in with a special for of PM
> (something like user-controlled)?  Then most of the devices would simply
> reuse existing suspend/resume hooks without the need to add more and
> more pretty much duplicate code.

I agree with Dmitry. Meego people or you should explain the real end-to-end
usecase first. Why it can't fit anywhere else?

We should not fill in features very specific to userspace frameworks. I see lately
lot of Android and Meego specific bits into TS and Keypad drivers from many folks.

---Trilok Soni

--
Sent by a consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.