Re: [RFC] input: syfs switches for SKE keypad

Hi Sundar,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:54:42PM +0200, Sundar R IYER wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Meego folks have a requirement for dynamic sysfs switches
> for input drivers. I saw a patch from Samu (Nokia) for the same but which
> lost its way out.  Here is a small modified patch set for the SKE
> driver *only* which completes this requirement and hence a question for
> you. (The idea is only a sysfs implemention; its not yet synced in with the
> mainline code)
>
> Would you be okay to accept a stand-alone patch like the below for all the
> input drivers that we would be pushing in or do you have some comments
> or improvements suggested to be folded in the original patch set from Nokia,
> so that it can get through into the generic tree?

I am not the biggest fan of such solution and I would prefer having this
facility on a more generic level, maybe tied in with a special for of PM
(something like user-controlled)?  Then most of the devices would simply
reuse existing suspend/resume hooks without the need to add more and
more pretty much duplicate code.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry