Re: Duplicated driver for LIS302-like device.

Hopefully, what you need is already there. Well, of course it depends
also on what interface you need in userspace for the hardware.
   Hi Eric,

   I poked series patches you mentioned above.
   These patches add the support of both interface.
That's great work. Originally, it was my next TODO, integration both interfaces.

   Btw, here is the demo for this device. Just FYI.

http://matthsu-abacus.blogspot.com/2009/12/motion-sensor-demo-on-beagleboard.html

I will cherry pick the upstream patches when they are merged into 2.6.33.

   Cheers,
   Matt
There is
currently only position reporting (via joystick interface and sysfs
file), freefall detection (via a misc device) and selftest (via sysfs
file). Let me know if you have additional features in your
implementation, or some bug fixes, and we could incorporate them in the
lis3lv02d driver.

See you,
Eric