Duplicated driver for LIS302-like device.

Hi all,

Recently I was managed to make LIS302DL device work on Beagleboard.
It's almost done.

The last thing I would like to do is to commit the driver to upstream.
Here comes a problem. I found there's a similar driver named lis3lv02d.c.
which is located drivers/hwmon/. They are pretty much the same.
Only registers mapping is different slightly.

Originally, I plan to use this driver directly instead of implementing another lis302dl-like driver.
Unfortunately, this driver is dependent on ACPI subsystem.
The target platform for this device is based on ARM.
Therefore, I could not re-use this driver for my work
and re-implement it based on I2C interface.

My question is, is this a duplicated driver for upstream
if I send patches for this driver without any ACPI dependency?

Cheers,
Matt