Re: Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse HWheel quirk

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Andrés León Álvarez wrote:

> Off course, I think none of us really know about the other model of
> mouse, so it might be unresponsible keeping the 0x1000 (I don't know if
> a mouse can work "fine" with a different ID, for example). But so far,
> it seems that removing the quirk for the 0x030c will solve the only
> problem that the 0x1000 rise.

There are two separate issues

- quirk we have for 0x030c is apparently bogus, and will be removed,
  bringing axes orientation to the expected state
- 0x1000 has a completely different problem -- scrollwheel doesn't work at
  all, and will need some special handling that has still to be discovered

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs