Re: Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse HWheel quirk

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> > > According to hid-ids.h, the ID 0x030c is a TDK mighty mouse. On my
> > > Alu-iMac (last year edition), it's a Apple's owned mighty mouse (vendor
> > > 0x05ac, ID 0x1000), which is not currently listed in hid-ids.h. My
> > > mighty mouse anyway runs o.k. with the "wrong" ID, but since the start
> > > withouth the mouse-wheel.
> > > It did not help when I changed the ID's accordingly. So my question is:
> > > Is there anything to be done in bluetooth driver area too to get this
> > > mighty mouse fully supported (some quirks needed)?
> Yes, 0x1000 is a different problem, the scrollwheel doesn't work there at
> all (it isn't even described in the report descriptor).
> I currently have 0x05ac/0x1000 on my desk, I will look into it.

Unfortunately I don't have, it's a slightly different model, for which the
scrollwheel works nicely.

So HID debugging output from 0x1000, both from the time the mouse is
probed and when the non-working wheel is used would be welcome.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs