Re: Apple Bluetooth devices: Battery level?

Hi Dimitry,

first of all, no top-posting. I really mean it.

> Kernel rebuilding is pretty easy, for ubuntu/debian it would be:
> - sudo apt-get install linux-source build-essential
> - tar xf /usr/src/linux-source*
> - cd linux-source-`uname -r`
> - cp /boot/config-`uname -r` .config
> - make menuconfig (find and enable HID_DEBUG)
> - make bzImage modules deb-pkg
> Then after some time you will get deb package, which you need to
> install and then run:
> - sudo update-initramfs -c -k 'new kernel version'
> - sudo update-grub
>
> Then you can reboot into new kernel and use "echo 2 >
> /sys/modules/hid/parameters/debug" instead of debug module parameter.

that should be changeable on the fly and we should just export the HID
descriptor for users. Putting the burden to boot into a different kernel
is painful and we don't want that. Hell, I don't want to boot a new
kernel to just get the HID descriptor.

Regards

Marcel