dmsquash-live fails for Gentoo squashed root

Hi,

I am playing around with a Gentoo root filesystem on a squash image on
a USB stick. I am trying to boot it with dracut dmsquash-live module.

It fails with error mount: unknown filesystem type 'DM_snapshot_cow'
repeated quite some times.

I checked if it is a kernel config problem: DM_SNAPSHOT [=y].
So I guess that is fine. Searching for COW does not five me anything
usefull, except for BLK_DEV_COW_COMMON [=n]. But it is not mentioned
where in the menuconfig it is mentioned to select.

Setting this option directly in .config gets undone when compiling the kernel.

kernel-3.10.17-gentoo
sys-kernel/dracut-034-r2  USE="device-mapper -debug -net (-selinux)"
DRACUT_MODULES="dmsquash-live lvm plymouth -biosdevname -bootchart
-btrfs -caps -cifs -crypt -crypt-gpg -crypt-loop -dash -dmraid
-gensplash -iscsi -livenet -mdraid -multipath -nbd -nfs -ssh-client
-syslog -systemd"

Kernel command line:
"root=live:UUID=81689ddf-98ab-4314-b420-ce78d505f919 rw
init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd"

squashfs.img resides in LiveOS directory on root of USB stick with above UUID.

Regards, Tim