Re: invensense mpu9250 ak8963 and devicetree

On 3/9/21 11:11 AM, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your answer that led me to the explanation.

On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 05:24:27PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

That's odd because you should get a stub regulator... For simple cases
where the regulator is always on, there is no need to specify a regulator,
you can just rely on the regulator framework giving you one that basically
does nothing.

Could you have a look at why you aren't getting a dummy_regulator from the code
just below here?

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/regulator/core.c#L1948

I use a kernel provided by nvidia that is called tegra-l4t-r32.3.1, but
is based on v4.9.

Although the patch that provides automatically stub regulators
  4ddfebd3b "regulator: core: Provide a dummy regulator with full constraints"
is older than v3.13, I have found in the commits of my kernel on top of
v4.9, this one
[...]
And CONFIG_REGULATOR_DUMMY is disabled in the default kernel configuration
provided by nvidia :(

To work around this you can add a fixed-regulator to your devicetree and connect it to the IMU. Seehttps://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/fixed-regulator.txt

- Lars