Re: Questions about the contributing process

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 5:56 PM Himanshu Jha <himanshujha199640@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 02:51:07PM -0200, Matheus Tavares Bernardino wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > 2) Does iio have a test infrastructure? I know there are autobuilders
> > playing with the iio.git testing branch, but how does it work?
>
> https://01.org/lkp/documentation/0-day-test-service
> https://github.com/fengguang/lkp-tests
>
> > Also, if there is no test beyond building
>
> + booting
> https://lists.01.org/pipermail/lkp/2018-December/009493.html
> + coccinelle
> + sparse
> + smatch
> + automatically sending fixes based on reports produced by
>   debugging tools
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20181127232130.GA28456@sof-kbuild01/
>
> Earlier they used to also give performance + power tests too.
>
> The build farm maintains around ~800 repos:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wfg/lkp-tests.git/tree/repo/linux?id=91bb38c4ee4e95e57f1647446dc20d66cc53f92e
>
> You can find `iio` in above list.
>
> Build testing in around ~150 or more kernel configs in ~1-2 hours
> And sending the report immediately to the author by bisecting the
> commit on the first failure.

Nice! Thanks for all the references and information. I didn't know how
powerful those tests are!

> I don't work for Intel but I have experienced the power of the
> beast ;)
>
> Anyway, for other queries on the development process, I think Rodrigo
> Siqueira can help you too with a quick feedback belonging to the
> same university.

Thank you. He's helping me a lot, but regarding Co-Developed-by usage,
he wasn't entirely sure, either, and that's why I asked here. But
Jonathan already helped me.

> Thanks!
> --
> Himanshu Jha
> Undergraduate Student
> Department of Electronics & Communication
> Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology

Thanks
Matheus