Re: Potential IIO meeting / future directions discussion at ELCE 2018 - Edinburgh 22-24 Oct

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/28/2018 04:24 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I know at least a few IIO developers are likely to be at the Embedded Linux
>> Conference Europe in a few months time.   Hence this email is exploring the
>> possibility of us doing something we have never done for IIO before and have
>> a formal meet up.   I would propose the topics to discuss would be loosely
>> around future directions for IIO development.  This might consist of actual
>> proposals or simply discussion of pain points.
>>
>> I'm not sure how long a session would be sensible, but one possibility is
>> to propose it as a BoF as that fits in their standard schedule without needing
>> any additional organization - I think by default that only gives us an hour or
>> so.  However, the deadline to propose one of those is this Sunday so things are
>> little tight.  We don't need a fully planned schedule but it would be good to
>> have made a start.  If we decide to do this I'll write an abstract and submit it.
>>
>> So I'm looking for topics and some idea of who is going to be there
>> or might be persuaded to make the trip!
> I'll be at ELCE and I'm very interested in sitting down and having a longer
> discussion about the state of the framework, potential future developments,
> their requirements and how to get there.
>
> I think a BoF would be good as a discussion starter and then maybe follow up
> on that with the people who are interested and have a more focused discussion.

I'll be there. Although, I'm mainly involved now with IIO via Outreachy/GSoC
I think it is a good idea to have the meeting in the form of a BoF.

CC-ing Eugen, I noticed he has done a lot of work recently in the IIO area.

thanks,
Daniel.