Re: isl29501 and multiple calibration registers

Hi Jonathan,

> I'm not really keen on doing that (as hardware gain has a well defined
> different meaning).  This is a rather opaque device specific value.

Ok, I'll keep it as an extended field then.

> This is interesting as it's specifically documented as requiring no external
> actions.  Oh well, another clear datasheet.

:)

> You are welcome, this is a fiddly device!  Sane hardware would store
> all these in on chip flash, but I guess it's a cost thing to not do so.

I sent a patch with the updated documentation and the driver
itself. Note that I left the read/write of float values as TODO
(returning -EINVAL when asked for).

This way I hope we can keep reviewing this driver, will trying to find
the best way to deal with those annoying floating numbers.

Thanks,

Mathieu

(I cc'd Pierre-Moana who is working with me on this driver)