Re: Work plan to move meter out of staging

Hi,

> On 05.03.2018 17:30, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
> In general I think this is a great idea, however looking at it from a
> different angle -
> Most of the supported metering circuits are already marked as not
> recommended for new designs.
> While Analog Devices have a very strong product portfolio in the Metering IC
> space, all of the parts in
> staging/iio/meter are from 2011 and before and have already seen multiple
> product iterations since then.
> A major rework of these drivers might require testing, unfortunately these
> drivers were developed by a different team which now pursues different
> responsibilities.
> So I won’t be able to test them again, and therefore I’m also a bit hesitant
> to lift them out of staging.

I have seen your message a few minutes ago, just after I sent a patch
series that removes checkpatch problems from meter module. Anyway, after
your comments, I believe that is a better idea to work on another module
in the staging. Is that ok Daniel?

Just for curiosity, what is the process to remove meter from staging?

Thanks