Re: Drivers for Bitland Dual Accelerometer

On 20/05/16 14:56, Lasse Schuirmann wrote:
> On 20 May 2016 at 15:53,  <jic23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 19.05.2016 22:12, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

>>> Hmm long shot but any idea if it could be a rebadged bma250e which is a
>>> Bosch
>>>  sensortech part? Not sure what the dual bit would be about though.
>>>
>>> Digging in those windows drivers may give us more info.  They are on
>>> lenovos
>>>  website as well.
>>>
>>> On phone right now but will have a look tomorrow.
>>>

>> Hmm. The driver in question is based on Microsoft's example accelerometer
>> driver
>> for an ADXL345.
>>
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn760713(v=vs.85).aspx
>>
>> Not sure this is going to get us much further though...
>>
>> No usefully named function names that I can get out of the
>> DualSPDAccelerometer.dll
>> Not sure where to go next on reverse engineering this.  Are you willing to
>> open things up to take a look at what is on the board?
>
> This is not my device so I can't say definitely but I may well be able
> to open it up once if you tell me what you're looking for as I'm not
> much of a hardware person.
Pretty much playing guess which chip is the accelerometer - tend to be perhaps
3x3mm and see if it has a logo on the top or a more detailed part number.

Otherwise, I'm guessing the laptop no longer has windows on it, so
trying to snoop on bus transfers is going to be 'tricky'.