Re: User-space API for accelerometer(s)?

Hello Bastian,

> > We did also have a uinput based approach at one point but it was fairly clunky.
> > That took data from iio buffers and pushed it back into the kernel via inputs
> > userspace driver support. Not particularly nice but I thought I'd best mention
> > it!
>
> This is how I went in the end:
> https://github.com/hadess/iio-sensor-proxy/
>
> It's still far too resource hungry compared to the amount of work it's
> doing (1 full percent of CPU!), and the rotation is too sensitive.

if I read the code correctly, prepare_output() configures the trigger,
enables the buffer, then performs one read, before undoing everything FOR
EACH SAMPLE

this is probably not the way it should be done; I'd suggest to set up the
IIO buffer and then poll() or block on /dev/iio:deviceX -- however, this
uses the IIO device exclusively (might be an issue)

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)