Re: User-space API for accelerometer(s)?

Hey again Jonathan,

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 13:01 +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
<snip>
> Just to throw it in there.  There is an out of tree bridge driver from
> IIO to input.  It's only out of tree because I haven't had a chance to
> tidy it up (anyone else is welcome to take this on if they like!)
> Google for iio_input.c to find it.
>
> The intent of that was to allow general accelerometer drivers and similar
> in IIO to work in conjunction with iio-input to provide input style interfaces.
> This came about after previous debates on where the 'right' place for
> accelerometers was in the kernel. I believe that at least in principle,
> Dmitry was happy with this concept.

After updating forward-porting the driver so that it runs on a more
recent version of the kernel, I tried to get it running.

I'm guessing that you expected the iio_input driver to be instantiated
by a board specific file. Is there any way to have it generically try
out all the IIO devices, similarly to pci_register_driver()? Or should I
do that in the hid-sensor-accel driver?

Cheers