Re: IIO hrtimer trigger

On June 19, 2014 11:57:50 AM GMT+01:00, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 06/18/2014 09:47 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

>other point
>sysfs?

>manages

>So the
>patch is good
>>>
>>> Unfortunately yes. I never liked its API and I still don't like it
>and we
>>> have to live with it. But this doesn't mean we have to add more of
>the same.

>we want to
>number of such
>of
>of
>kernel
>userspace.  The
>option:
>>>
>>> I'll do that but that might take a few weeks until I get to it.
>> Bump.  Do we want to still wait for this, or should we just go ahead
>with the
>> hrtimer as is.  It may not be ideal, but it's useful and lets us kill
>off
>> some much worse options..
>
>I'd really prefer to not compromise on user-space ABI. Quick hacks are
>sometimes fine for kernel internal things since we can clean them up
>later.
>But for userspace ABI we'll be stuck with it forever.
I am slightly less bothered by this than normal because we obliged to keep the sysfs
 trigger interface around indefinitely anyway and this would be much the same.

 I am yet to be convinced that dragging in configfs makes sense...

Still, other purpose of restarting this thread was to hope to move it forward!