Re: [RFC] iio: mxs-lradc: Add support for current source

On 02/12/2014 06:20 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

On February 12, 2014 4:10:46 PM GMT+00:00, Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 11:59:38AM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
On 28/01/14 13:52, Harald Geyer wrote:

The LRADC can drive two of its ADC channels with a defined current
between 0 and 300uA to allow reading thermistors without external
current source. I'm not sure what the right IIO ABI in this case

I'd be tempted to do this via the regulator framework instead of IIO.
At somepoint we could have a bridge to allow an iio interface on a
regulator
if anyone wants it (you never know)

I'm very worried about the idea of an ABI - if IIO wants to offer
something that is implemented using the regulator API that's fine but
doing it directly from the regulator API sounds worrying.

Would definitely be implemented using the regulator ABI. Would effectively pipe DAC writes from user space to regulator voltage requests.

Not sure I really like the idea anyway but some DACs look awfully like regulators so it might become an issue...

Yep, e.g. see drivers/regulator/ad5398.c

- Lars