Re: DMA sampling and IIO

On 02/06/2014 09:53 PM, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
We do have patches for better integration of DMA (especially for high speed
devices) into the IIO framework[1]. This is not yet upstream since it is
still a bit WIP, but I'm confident that it will find it's way into upstream
soon.

ZIO already supports dma. And mmaping the buffer from user space.  It
is in the design since inception, and in the code since Feb 2012 (git
log says).

I know. And I did study the ZIO DMA code (among other things), before I implemented the IIO DMA code. As you might remember from our last discussion, my preference is to add the features that are in ZIO but not in IIO to IIO and then ditch ZIO instead of having two frameworks for the class of devices.

- Lars