Re: i.MX28 die temperature

On 6/27/2012 11:58 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Dear Juergen Beisert,

[...]

It requires a more or less complex state-machine to switch the used 4 or 5
pins to different modes to measure the X/Y position and the pressure. And
these pins interfere with the ADC input pins.

[...]

I said I'll go through it, but it seems the IIO changed again, so I'll need to
wrap my head around new stuff in there.
Yeah, sorry about that - people keep wanting new stuff ;)

Besides, I have a feeling that the driver, as is, just simply doesn't fit in as
it should. I'm discussing with Jonathan, since I can't really make heads or
tails from the IIO api. It's way too complex and unless I really missed
something, way underdocumented.
Any documentation writers welcome!
The real trick currently is to
a) figure out what is similar an already present
b) figure out if that driver is actually a good starting point. If it's
left staging then it's clean, but there may be a closer 'clean' driver
still in staging.

Having had documentation continually get left behind we did add
a 'dummy' driver that covers most stuff with lots of comments.
(still in staging at the mo staging/iio/iio_simple_dummy*)

Regards,
Juergen

Best regards,
Marek Vasut