iio: vcnl4000 ALS/proximity driver

I'm submitting a minimal, work-in-progress driver for the
Vishay VCNL4000 combined ambient light/proximity sensor to -staging

the driver is missing a way to adjust the IR current determining
the range for proximity sensing

is scale/calibscale desirable?
I am lost with the meaning and use of IIO modifiers...

ultimately, periodic proximity sensing and thresholding with event
handling should be implemented... I do have a misc/input driver for
that but want to built upon IIO