Re: Does anyone read device.txt etc?

On 09/15/2011 01:11 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if some corners of our documentation are useful or not.

So straw poll.  Has anyone ever read the stuff in

device.txt?
trigger.txt?
ring.txt?

I'm tempted to drop all 3 of these as pointless maintenance
overhead...
Well - I think for IIO newbies, this can be good information to get started.
However for what's currently there a documented dummy might equally work well. There are a few spots in the source where some documentation might be useful. For example the IIO_EVENT_CODE macro can benefit from additional documentation.

Obviously those I've cc'd are actually active developers and probably
don't look at any docs at all that often, so other lurkers / new developers
please do respond to this email!

A well commented dummy driver would be better for explaining these
things.

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368;