Re: [Device-drivers-devel] Oddities and how to handle them.

On 05/03/11 19:07, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On 05/03/11 10:46, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

>>> Not sure if we need voltage0_raw and current0_raw as a none buffer channel.
>>> These actual values are only interesting when they are sampled at a
>>> fixed frequency.
>> Cool. I wasn't sure about those.  Can conceive of devices that look at the exact
>> wave form which want to do this, but agreed, it doesn't make sense for this one..
>> (and I have no idea if such a detailed device exists - can only think of being useful
>> for looking at various DC to AC convertors...)

>>> Thanks, this covers things - and makes a lot of sense.
>> I'm pushing the updated code all the way through the tree.  It will take a little while
>> as this touches about half the driver updates. Note I'm also scrapping all but one of
>> the IIO_CHAN macros as per the other branch of this thread.  As Arnd predicted they have
>> turned into a maintenance nightmare!
>
> I've pushed a fairly rough branch 'work' on the iio-onwards tree.  As the names of the last
> few commits show, it has some elements I should have hacked off the top, but I've run out
> of time (pesky students) + not sure what time I'll have for a few days.
>
> Still basic principal of what I described is there in the meantime.
> Sorry it's touch messy!
Cleaned up somewhat and remembered to tack in the ability to do _input attributes
that I forgot in the last version (core support was partly there - but not in the macros).

Pushed to the work branch. I need to do some doc fixes before switching master over to this.