RE: Oddities and how to handle them.

Jonathan Cameron wrote on 2011-04-27:
> On 04/27/11 16:03, Hennerich, Michael wrote:
>> Jonathan Cameron wrote on 2011-04-27:

>>> That's fine.  We won't be pushing any of the energy meter drivers out
>>> of staging for a while yet anyway!
>>> or.

Hi Jonathan,

For the metering parts I think we need to define a few more channel types.

How about this ones

inSX            S is the apparent power.
inPX            P is the active power.
inQX            Q is the reactive power.
inVX            V is the voltage. (only inX ?)
inVRMSX VRMS is the quadratic mean voltage.
inIX            I is the current.
inIRMSX IRMS is the quadratic mean current.

Since they won't be really popular

How about using a string in iio_chan_type_name_spec

        [IIO_IN_GENERIC] = "in%s",

Greetings,
Michael

--
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen; Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 40368; Geschaeftsfuehrer:Dr.Carsten Suckrow, Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif