Re: High frequency software trigger

On 2011-03-04 17:19, Hennerich, Michael wrote:

I recently submitted a trigger source driver that utilizes Blackfin hardware timer.

http://wiki.analog.com/software/linux/docs/iio/iio-trig-bfin-timer

Thank you, this had passed me by. Looking at the source, it seems that a hrtimer based trigger would be something similar, except not tied to any specific platform.

Not sure what your platform is, but there might be similar peripherals,
that can generate sub second cyclic interrupts.
The platform in question is an TI OMAP3 (3530) based system, but my goal would be to utilize hrtimers as they are not tied to a specific platform. They are supposed to work on our target platform, but I haven't had time to test them extensively yet.

I successfully used it on a fast Blackfin processor at frequencies of 10kHz and above,
with this simple demo application.

http://wiki.analog.com/software/linux/docs/iio/iio_netscope
10kHz sounds reassuring, in my case it is about 250Hz max, but some 13 or so channels. Did you get any idea where the limitations lies in terms of system load etc? Of course this depends on the exact setup, just trying to find all possible sides of moving our code over to be IIO-based.

Regards
Marten Svanfeldt