Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

On Thu, 24 Oct 2024 at 18:31, Peter Cai <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for your clarification. This sort of non-provocative
> clarifications of the regulations you need to comply to has always been
> what the community wants to see. _This_ should have been the first
> official statement when anyone raised the concern, instead of Greg's
> attempt to "defuse" the situation over private correspondence, or Linus
> Torvald's outright defamation and accusing anyone who dares to disagree
> of being a "Russian troll". This is not even to mention the _complete
> ignorance_ and arrogance shown by his statement on what sending a revert
> patch means.
>
> With sanctions in place, there is no reasonable person who will demand
> the LF or the Linux Kernel maintainers to do otherwise. However, as
> someone who does rely on Linux for daily work, and as someone who has
> contributed to the Linux project and its community, I think seeing the
> following should be the minimum:
>
> 1. Linus Torvalds (+Cc) send an apology letter to **everyone** who he
> accused of being a Russian troll;
> 2. Linus Torvalds need to **unconditionally retract** his personal
> attack on Kexy Biscuit, the person who sent the revert patch in protest
> (+Cc), and acknowledge that people who work with AOSC.io aren't
> "state-sponsored paid actors";
> 3. This type of statement should be included somewhere public as soon as
> practically possible should sanction compliance affect kernel
> development again in the future;
> 4. No personal attacks should be allowed based on tinfoil-hat reasoning.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter.

That list is great but it will never happen, Linus is high on his
western supremacy complex.
Most of the anger (including mine) comes from people who have just
realized what kind of a person Linus is.

He has exposed his lack of morals and inability of self reflection
with the trolls comment.
He has exposed his ignorance, coming from his state media
brainwashing, with the media comment.
He has exposed his ignorance, arrogance and blatant Russophobia with
his "I'm Finish" comment, as if
Finland has any high moral ground when it comes to WWII (for the
historically ignorant: Finnish "concentration camps").

And this is not over, there are plenty of other countries and entities
on the official USA enemies list.
The real majority of the world, all of us outside the USA and their
vassal states, their so called "free world" (one maintainer
actually used that blatant display of American supremacy in a commit
removing Huawei maintainers) are looking at this
with sadness and anger.
The Cold War 2.0 has came to the Linux world and as in the first one,
the Iron curtain has been erected
by those that claim moral high ground with their false values of
freedom, openes, merit etc.