Re: linux: Goodbye from a Linux community volunteer

Hi James,

Thanks for your clarification. This sort of non-provocative clarifications of the regulations you need to comply to has always been what the community wants to see. _This_ should have been the first official statement when anyone raised the concern, instead of Greg's attempt to "defuse" the situation over private correspondence, or Linus Torvald's outright defamation and accusing anyone who dares to disagree of being a "Russian troll". This is not even to mention the _complete ignorance_ and arrogance shown by his statement on what sending a revert patch means.

With sanctions in place, there is no reasonable person who will demand the LF or the Linux Kernel maintainers to do otherwise. However, as someone who does rely on Linux for daily work, and as someone who has contributed to the Linux project and its community, I think seeing the following should be the minimum:

1. Linus Torvalds (+Cc) send an apology letter to **everyone** who he accused of being a Russian troll; 2. Linus Torvalds need to **unconditionally retract** his personal attack on Kexy Biscuit, the person who sent the revert patch in protest (+Cc), and acknowledge that people who work with AOSC.io aren't "state-sponsored paid actors"; 3. This type of statement should be included somewhere public as soon as practically possible should sanction compliance affect kernel development again in the future;
4. No personal attacks should be allowed based on tinfoil-hat reasoning.

Thanks,
Peter.