Re: troubleshoot disk problems / libata error messages

Gene Heskett @ 06/15/2013 01:42 AM:
> On Saturday 15 June 2013 04:08:13 scar did opine:
>> i've been having HDD issues lately, and the issues have persisted across
>> two different disks and two different SATA ports on the motherboard
>>
> That hot red plastic die used to color MOST sata cables is a time bomb.
> That particular red die causes the copper in the cables to embrittle and
> connectivity goes away, like its some sort of acid.
>
> Ditch the hot red colored cables.  They are a time bomb that WILL go off,
> sooner rather than later.

thank you Gene for this insightful input.  all five of my internal disks
use these red cables! ;~;  i will check local hardware store for
alternatives.  BTW i finally got the ata3 errors, the other SError was
Handshk[1].

1. http://pastie.org/private/txwmbwyuot2sebmlrigp9g