Re: Western Digital Scorpio and ICH10R on Debian - NCQ issue?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Sandra Escandor <sescandor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the insight Robert. Do you (or anyone else on the list) know
> if there are any utilities that exist that would be able to allow me to
> observe (and log) the power consumption of the drives during high I/O?

I don't think there's anything that you could do to measure this in
software. A clamp-on ammeter on one of the power supply wires would
give you a measurement, but it might not catch brief current spikes
that could be causing problems.

Usually these kinds of problems get fixed by trial and error (swapping
drives between cables, a different PSU).