Re: Supporting SATA Target mode (or any data transfer w/crossover cable) on AHCI

BTW for those who missed it, there was another recent (may 2010)
thread on Marvell Target drivers
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg37863.html

where Saeed Bishara posted mods to the GPL Marvell drivers (not
libata) for chips such as this...
http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/embedded/kirkwood/FS_88F6180_9x_6281_OpenSource.pdf
and added some form of C2C / Target support

I don't have such a controller but I'm going to see if I can find one
in an expresscard format, for testing purposes.

I'm still after AHCI support for popular mobo chips, but that may be a
pipe dream.

Frustratingly I have this suspicion that Target mode support on those
chips - if not already present - might be possible by updating these
chip's firmware. I am guessing this is in flash or bios-loaded SRAM
nowadays. I also guess this avenue will lead nowhere. ;-)

Cheers,
Rich.