Re: CF Card Adapter White List Candidate

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 05:47:49PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
> > Tejun, this CF card adapter plugs directly into an IDE socket
> > (Channel 0, in my case) on a desktop computer motherboard.  You
> > can see a picture of the adapter in the following URL01:

Oh, okay, so it's a plugin device.  For some reason, I thought the
machine in question was a laptop and the CF slot was built-in.

> The reason the speed is being limited to 33 is that the cable
> detection code is detecting that an 80-wire cable doesn't appear to be
> connected. In order for an 80-wire cable to be detected, pin 34 on the
> cable is supposed to be grounded at the motherboard end. In the case
> of this adapter, since it plugs directly into the motherboard, it
> would have to be grounding pin 34 to get an 80-wire detection, but
> presumably it's not.

Yeap, it's the device failing to wire cable detection properly.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to detect and work around
automatically.

Thanks.

--
tejun