Re: CF Card Adapter White List Candidate

Hello,

Tejun, this CF card adapter plugs directly into an IDE socket (Channel 0, in my case) on a desktop computer motherboard.  You can see a picture of the adapter in the following URL01:

URL01: http://preview.tinyurl.com/233u92u

I have to power the adapter with a floppy drive power plug because my motherboard's IDE sockets were intentionally manufactured without the pin that could have supplied power through an IDE cable.

Does anyone have a top of the head opinion as to whether there are inherent usage limitations in either this passive CF card adapter and/or in the Linux kernel used with Ubuntu v10.10 that would prevent users with CF cards faster than UDMA/66 (see URL02 below) from being configured by Linux to work at speeds above UDMA/66?  The reason that I ask this question is that I bought both my UDMA/66 CF card and the adapter from the URL01 seller.  It is foreseeable that a lot of customers might have purchased faster CF cards envisioning that they would work at speeds higher than UDMA/66 with the adapter.  The 'Technical Details' section of URL01 does not state anything about UDMA speed usage limitations.

URL02: http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/index.html

I think that there are CF card adapters on eBay that are similar to the one pictured in URL01 above, and there are also IDE adapters that will hold two CF cards.

Tom