Re: Faulty drive data recovery

Em 26/11/2010 15:29, Tejun Heo escreveu:

> You can directly issue r/w commands using SGIO where you can control
> retry and timeout explicitly.  Hmm... it might be a good idea to allow
> userland to set FAILFAST bit on a block device?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I think it would become popular in
forensics.

I followed Artem Bokhan s' tip on timeout and tried Greg Freemyer s' on
smartctl. Unfortunately this particular drive is only ATA-7, so scterc
wasn't available. But is definitively good to know.

I never played with SGIO before, but there is plenty of time to learn to
use it before ddrescue can finish copying.:)

Thank you all,

Atila