Re: AT91 IDE module

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 09:53:19PM +0100, Radovan Vapeník wrote:
> >We do not detect any IDE device, registers do not contain status/data
> >that IDE layer expect. As far only two possible reasons of that
> >problem come in mind:
> >- board specific code does not reset CF device (with proper
> >  reset duration?). This is expected, there is rst_pin in
> >  struct at91_cf_data but driver does not use it
> >- CF 9 pin (ATA SEL) is not grounded or set to 0 if connected
> >  to controller (also in board specific initialization code)
> >
> >To debug problem further, you can add your own code at the end of
> >at91_ide_probe(), which read/write IDE register to see if device
> >react properly and give some sensible status values.
> >
> >Stanislaw
> >

> Seems problem is really on reset pin, i have analysed using
> oscilloscope and on reset pin is still in logical "1", without
> change during module loading. I will try to find out why is this
> happening.

I was unclear. Driver does not change reset pin. Reset need to be
done in board initialization code. You have to add something like that

#define RST_PIN AT91_PIN_PC5
at91_set_gpio_output(RST_PIN, 1);
at91_set_gpio_value(RST_PIN,0);
mdelay(2);
at91_set_gpio_value(RST_PIN,1);

in your arch/arm/mach-at91/board-NAME.c (I'm not sure if 2ms is
correct IDE reset duration).

Stanislaw