Re: Sil 3124: "softreset failed (SRST command error)"

Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> Tim Small wrote:
>
>> Bad PCI express to PCI-X bridge chip maybe, or maybe the Linux bug lies
>> there?  I have seen cards with 2 3132s on instead (and a PCI express
>> bridge), perhaps it'd be worth trying one of those?
>
> It looks like the problem was an incompatibility with the Intel
> motherboard.
>
> It seems to work fine in an old foxconn Athlon 64 motherboard (in the
> PCIex graphics slot when using a PCI card for video).

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it works that well :-(

Read speeds to a standard drive are great - 70 MB/s.

Write speeds are awful - they range on one system at 17 MB/s down to a more
modern system at 1.7 MB/s! There is no CPU load.

I assume this is a problem with the PCIe bridge. There are no errors or
warnings given. I couldn't get MSI interrupts to work on this system.

Time to throw the card away I think!

Jeremy