Re: [BUG] libahci returns stale result tf much of the time.

Hello,

On 09/25/2010 01:26 AM, Robert Hancock wrote:
>> And here's an example of the bug, which should work (as a demo)
>> for most folks out there with the same controller ahci / JMB360:
>>
>> Here, I'll use hdparm to do a "set acoustic" command
>> on a drive which does NOT have the "Acoustic Management" feature set.
>> Just look for the fd fd fd strings in the returned data,
>> and notice how the final IDENTIFY at the end works, but returns
>> bad ATA status 0x51 from the stale result_tf:
>
> The d2h_fis area is supposed to be updated by the controller with
> the last FIS received from the device. Maybe this controller just
> isn't doing that for some reason?

Hmm... one possibility is that the controller takes some time to
update the area and the driver is reading it off too early.  Maybe
adding a delay would resolve the issue?  Mark, do you know whether
this problem is isolated to JMB360?

Thanks.

--
tejun